At a Grand Lodge communication, February 6, 1952 in the Masonic Temple, 16th and Welton, Most Worshipful Brother Olin P. Lee presented a dispensation to 47 brethren to open and form a lodge of Master Masons to be called Malta Lodge U. D. with M. James O’Reilly, Worshipful Master; Gifford Sorensen, Senior Warden; and Andy V. Lindblom, Junior Warden. Eight petitions were read for membership and referred to committees. The Lodge received many gifts, among them a large Masonic Bible 75 years old, which had been given to Brother Le Fever the Treasurer by a Masonic Friend. The jewels and square and compass were cast by one of the brethren, Albert J. Turner. He also made the staffs. The columns were made by Jack H. Morrison, Jr. and gavels by Brother Foster.