On September 9,1953 a group of nine men met at the home of one of the number to discuss the possibility of forming a Masonic lodge. In the course of the evening it was moved that”. . . this group be formed to establish a Masonic Lodge in the State of Colorado to be known as the Sojourner’s Lodge, using whatever number may be assigned by the Grand Lodge of Colorado.”
There followed nearly a year of work until August 31, 1954 when the Grand Lodge met in session to present a dispensation. D.G.M. Charles A. Mantz presided in the unavoidable absence of M.W. Bro. Donald W. Shaw. James R. Hoffmann, the host at the September 9, 1953 meeting, was installed as Worshipful Master of Revelation Lodge, U. D.
To the 25 original members of the lodge were added 12 new members raised under dispensation. These 37 signed the petition for a charter which was granted on January 26, 1955.
The lodge was duly constituted by M.W. Bro. Charles A. Mantz on February 1,1955. More than 150 Masons were present at this meeting.
On May 31, 1955, P.G.M. Grover C. Olinger had the pleasure and honor of initiating his grandson, Richard S. Olinger, in Revelation Lodge. The raising of Bro. Olinger (who had been in the Navy) took place on the first Past Masters’ Night, June 24, 1958, at which time P.G.M. Olinger was again in the East.
During 1955 the lodge began a program of Masonic education and started its Blood Bank. The Benevolent Foundation Fund was established on October 27, 1959.
Bro. Avery T. Smith, Treasurer elected in December, 1955, passed away in May, 1959. The first Worshipful Master, James R. Hoffman, a Past Grand Commander of Knights Templar of Colorado, died in March, 1960. In his memory, Mrs. Hoffman presented a set of officers jewels and collars for the funeral kit to the lodge. A 50-star flag was also received from Mrs. E. W. Bornmueller in memory of her late husband.
April 25th, 1961 W. Bro. Orville C. McGrath submitted a resolution to change the meeting place to the Aurora Masonic Temple. Favorable action by the lodge was approved by M. W. Bro. Leon H. Snyder. The first gathering in the new quarters was August 2, 1961 in joint communication with Aurora No. 156 to celebrate the centennial of the organization of the Grand Lodge of Colorado.
Membership November 30, 1960 84