Mosaic Lodge had its beginning April 17, 1958, when 40 Masons met in the Broomfield Methodist Church for the purpose. of forming a Masonic club. At a meeting held on June 18, 1958, the name of Centennial Masonic Ciub was adopted. About four months later, 36 members of the club petitioned for a dispensation, naming Victor Collins, Past Master of South Denver No. 93 as W.M.; Leslie L. Cottrell, S.W.; and Walter S. Gibbs, J.W.
At a meeting held May 18, 1959, M.W.G.M. Clifford J. Gobble presented the dispensation authorizing Centennial Lodge U. D. During the dispensation period of Centennial Lodge the officers established what is said to have been recognized by the Grand Lodge as a level of proficiency never previously exceeded by any lodge in the Colorado jurisdiction.
On January 6, 1959 a petition for a charter under the name of Mosaic Lodge was made. The name Mosaic was recommended by W. Bro. Collins and approved by the members of the lodge to replace the name of Centennial.
The lodge was constituted February 5, 1960, and the officers were installed by M.W. Bro. Carlton M. Ray with Leslie L. Cottrell as first Worshipful Master, Walter S. Gibbs, Senior Warden, and George W.Brooke, Junior Warden. The lodge had 36 charter members and 44 members on November 30, 1960.
Mosaic Lodge has taken a very active part in the observance of Public Schools Week by awarding prizes to students for outstanding posters commemorating this event, and encouraging the adult members of Broomfield to participate in this observance.