The Thornton Masonic club was formed at a meeting in April, 1958, attended by approximately 60 Masons. These men had met with the definite plan to form a lodge to keep Masonry at a pace with the expansion of Colorado.
Formal and informal practice sessions were held throughout the summer, resulting in a petition for dispensation being prepared. The dispensation was granted and presented in person by M.W. Bro. Glenn B. Van Fleet on October 31, 1958.
A charter was granted on January 28, 1959 and the lodge duly constituted on February 5, 1959 by M.W. Bro. Clifford J. Gobble, at Arvada Temple, Arvada, Colorado. There were 29 charter members, while on November 30, 1960 there were 56 members.