In the spring of 1957 a group of Master Masons from the area of Grand Lake, Granby, Fraser, Hideaway Park and Winter Park met at the American Legion Hall in Granby for the purpose of discussing the feasibility of forming a Masonic lodge in Granby. Present at this meeting was M.W. Bro. D. Aubrey Spann.
As a result of the meeting it was decided to form a Masonic study group and hold further meetings for the purpose of petitioning the Grand Lodge for a dispensation. The name of the lodge was selected with the idea that it should be appropriate to the area served by the lodge.
On October 25, 1957, M.W. Bro. Spann presented the dispensation to the lodge. The furniture of the lodge then consisted of various makeshift items, including a gavel and candle holders cut from the same pine tree, the letter G and the square and compasses being made from aluminum, and the staffs of the Stewards and Deacons being brooms and hoes.
For a time the lodge met in the warehouse of Mountain Parks Electric Company. A suitable building was finally located and the first meeting in the new hall was held on February 3, 1958.
On February 20, 1959, P.G.M. Spann constituted the lodge and installed the officers.
High Country Lodge cooperated with Starlight Chapter OES in forming Faith Assembly, Order of the Rainbow for Girls.
On November 30, 1960 there were 68 members of the lodge.