On the evening of November 29, 1947, a group of Master Masons from in and about Evergreen gathered informally with the express purpose in mind of forming some sort of Masonic club for the present, but with the long time purpose in mind of the eventual establishment of a lodge in Evergreen to serve Masonic interests in this area. The club was active in charitable and social events for several years.
On October 6, 1953, M.W. Bro. Hubert Glover presented the dispensation to the lodge, giving 39 Masons the right to form the lodge. Officers were installed at this meeting.
On March 20, 1954, M.W. Bro. Glover constituted the lodge in due and ancient form, with 204 Masons in attendance. Past Grand Masters Glover, C. Wheeler Barnes and Donald W. Shaw were later made honorary members of the lodge.
An unusual event occurred April 16, 1957 when a brother was raised to the sublime degree of Master Mason by his son.
On November 30,1960 the lodge membership was 102.