ESTES PARK, COLORADO
On October 20, 1958, Most Worshipful Brother Glenn B. Van Fleet issued a dispensation to 80 Master Masons to form a Lodge in Estes Park, Colorado to be called Estes Park Lodge U. D. with Brothers Elbert Merritt Shideler, Worshipful Master; Cole Charles Tremmel, Senior Warden; and Rollon Sutter, Junior Warden. The Grand Master paid especial tribute to Wm. J. Finlay and Robert R. Morrison for their untiring efforts in starting this Lodge.
Upon examining the records of Estes Park Lodge the Committee on Charters and Dispensations recommended that a charter be granted and Estes Park Lodge No. 183 be constituted. Grand Master Gobble convened a special communication of the Grand Lodge at Estes Park on February 2, 1959 for the purpose of constituting Estes Park Lodge No. 183 and installing Brothers Elbert Merritt Shideler, Worshipful Master; Cole Charles Tremmel, Senior Warden and Rollon Sutter, Junior Warden. Brother Lloyd Hagen of Collins Lodge No. 19 made the presentation of the altar, pedestals, kneeling pad and candlesticks all of which had been hand wrought by members of No. 19. District Lecturer Brother Morrison made 51 trips to Estes Park to help establish this Lodge.
Membership November 30, 1960 94