The history of Cherry Point Lodge begins with a meeting held in September, 1958, at which time an impromptu talk about the possibility of organizing a Masonic club for the express purpose of applying for a dispensation to create a new Masonic lodge was had. At this meeting was Cecil E. Ransom, later the first Worshipful Master of the lodge. A later meeting with Albert E. Jameson, Grand Lecturer of the Grand Lodge of Colorado, strengthened the proposed endeavor.
On February 25, 1959, 15 Masons met to form Cherry Point Masonic Club. On September 28, 1959 at the Lawrence N. Greenleaf Lodge Hall, M.W. Bro. Clifford J. Gobble presented the dispensation to the lodge and installed the officers. There were 36 members and 119 visitors present at this meeting.
On February 3, 1960, M.W. Bro. Carlton M. Ray constituted the lodge and installed the officers. At this time there were present 34 members and 102 visitors.
The charter shows 47 members and this number had increased to 73 on November 30, 1960.